Okay. I know I said I was back with a fair number of posts. Well, erm my post holiday depression might have led to my neglecting to mention that these were merely post ideas. And I did have them. I really did. But some big stuff happened since then and I couldn’t really get myself to turn them into concrete posts. Let me be honest here, I still haven’t managed to do that. However, the void on my blog was getting to me.
One of the big things this past couple of weeks had in store for me was the Liebster Award that Christina nominated me (and everyone else I wanted to nominate) for. She’s me, only thinner and prettier. I wonder if we’re so alike because we have the same favourite uncle and hence, the same gene pool. Hey, but I’m never going to admit I’m related to that guy in public. Even if I just did. Anyway, moving on. I’m a little embarrassed to admit I don’t know what this award intends to signify, but I’m a little more flattered than I should be.
As much as I would’ve liked to give an acceptance speech, this woman springs to mind and well, stymies my efforts, because she indeed has a point.
So, all you special nominees that I’ve nominated below, please check these rules out before you graciously accept the award. Christina’s asked me 11 questions that I’ll now answer.
1. Favourite music artist/band?
The Beatles, Coldplay, U2, The Police, Scorpions, Angus and Julia Stone, Mumford and Sons, Eric Clapton, old school GnR, Bon Iver and I could go on and on here. Lately, I’ve been getting into Peter Mulvey a lot.
2. What, according to you, is your best quality?
I can be quite resilient.
3. What is the one thing that drives you nuts?
4. Who is your favourite fictional character?
Conan Doyle’s original Sherlock Holmes and none of his more modern counterparts.
5. What do you want to get/already have as a tattoo?
Nothing’s ever had a permanent or long lasting impact on my life so far. I’m afraid of commitment, so tattoos aren’t for me. If I were to get inked right now, it would probably be a quote from The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde, which I’m currently reading. These are the two I absolutely loved so far.
“You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”
“To define is to limit.”
I’ve loved many other quotes from the book but Oscar Wilde’s limited use of brevity there would turn out to be rather painful. I also love the meaning of the phrase “Que sera sera”. It explains everything.
6. What serves as an effective stress-buster for you?
Reading. Writing. Music.
7. What is the hardest thing you have ever done, or the biggest obstacle you have faced in your life?
I’ve led a charmed life so far, but I’d have to say moving to Mumbai from my hometown.
8. What inspired you to start blogging?
My three day trip to Coorg, the best vacation of my life so far.
9. Do you have any unusual pet peeves?
I can’t stand leftovers. Even if I’m eating and I leave the table for a few minutes and then come back to it, I have trouble finishing my own food. Another is socialising. I can’t for the life of me ever enjoy doing it.
10. What is your favourite quote?
Since I’m obsessed with The Picture of Dorian Gray, I’ll leave you with this.
“Behind every exquisite thing that existed, there was something tragic.” -Oscar Wilde
11. Who has had the biggest influence on you?
I’d say my parents. They’re pretty awesome. If you ask about my writing, bloggers and aspiring writers on the internet have influenced me greatly.
Alright. That’s done. Now I’m supposed to tell you 11 random facts about me.
- I love everything about Oscar Wilde.
- My favourite word right now is “Clarity”.
- I love the sound of the letter ‘l’.
- I’m afraid of commitment.
- I am deeply fascinated with the cthonic world, particularly the story of Persephone.
- I want Mitch Welling to write me a letter just once.
- I want to live in Copenhagen for a year.
- I want to do the Gorge Swing at Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe.
- I love historical fiction and want to dabble in that genre one day.
- I think Dan Brown is awesome, no matter what critics say.
- I never know how much to say.
Since Christina nominated most of the blogs I wanted to, here’s my (short) list of nominees for the Leibster Award: (In no particular order, they’re all fab)
Here are 11 questions I’d like you nominees to answer:
- What is your feel-good song?
- Name a book that changed your life.
- What would your autobiography be called?
- What is your dream holiday destination?
- Who is your role model?
- Do you like where you are in life, or is there somewhere you’d rather be?
- What is your favourite dessert?
- What is your guilty pleasure snack?
- What are you most afraid of?
- What would you like your name to be?
- Do you have a pet? What’s it called?