These questions were asked to me by someone on tumblr. I thought it’d be fun to answer them here. That has got nothing to do with the fact that I’m too lazy to think of something to write about.
1) Put your iTunes on shuffle. Give me the first 6 songs that pop up.
1. Here, There and Everywhere-The Beatles
2. An Innocent Man-Billy Joel
4. All My Loving-The Beatles
5. Mercy- One Republic
6. Comfortably Numb-Pink Floyd
WOW! Amazing artists but to be honest, not their best work.
2) If you could meet anyone on this earth, who would it be?
Wow, okay! There’s so many people who’d make that list, but given my Inferno hangover at the moment, I’d have to go with Dan Brown.
3) Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 23, give me line 17.
“Without warning, I turn and reach up, curling my fingers onto the high ledge, pulling myself up, scrambling on my knees, then standing…unsteady at the precipice.”
No prizes for guessing where that came from.
4) What do you think about most?
I dream. I dream about an impossibly beautiful future.
5) Ever had a poem or song written about you?
I’d like to say yes, but then I’d be lying. I do identify with a lot of poems and songs, though.
6) Do you have any strange phobias?
Pyrophobia- the fear of fire/flames/heat. Is it any wonder I can’t cook?
Acrophobia- the fear of heights.
Athazagoraphobia- the fear of forgetting and being forgotten.
7) What’s your religion?
I was born a Hindu, but I have a different personal vision of “God” than is decreed by the religion. I’m not agnostic, I do believe in a certain force and the supernatural and in the concept of Karma. My views are quite similar to the Buddhist philosophy, but also quite unique.
8) If you are outside, what are you most likely doing?
Waiting to go back in. Haha! No, I would be catching up with my friends over a meal or a movie.
9) Simple but extremely complex. Favorite band?
This has to be the toughest question on here, or EVER. I could never choose, but at gunpoint, I’d go with The Beatles.
10) What was the last lie you told?
I blew off a friend today. He wanted to meet me, I said I was busy. When I wasn’t.
11) Do you believe in karma?
Yes, I strongly believe in Karma.
12) What does your URL mean?
It’s made up of two random words.
Chimerical,(which was kind of a spin off on my nickname Chim) which means something unreal, imaginary or visionary; something that could not exist in real life.
Redamancy which means “The act of loving in return.”
13) What is your greatest weakness; your greatest strength?
My greatest strength would probably be that I’m an optimist. I always hope against hope for the best and it has led to a lot of disappointments. But I always look for the silver lining, no matter how faintly microscopic it may be.
I think being over optimistic would also be a weakness, but my greatest weaknesses are definitely laziness and procrastination.
14) Who is your celebrity crush?
Kakà, ❤ and lately, I’ve been finding James Lafferty cute.
15) How do you vent your anger?
I don’t normally express my anger. I just hold it in, and take it out on the people I’m closest to. I know that’s terrible and I’m trying to work on it. I fling pillows and type furiously on a Word Doc or I draft a text to the person I’m angry with (CAPS LOCK ON) and then delete it.
16) Do you have a collection of anything?
No, I’ve tried collecting stuff, but failed hopelessly, be it feathers, sea shells, stamps, foreign currency and what have you? But I did collect my clipped toenails and fingernails in a jar once for almost three months until my Mum found out and had me get rid of them in disgust. I don’t think it’s that gross, do you? Well, maybe it was because they were my own nails.
17) Are you happy with the person you’ve become?
Yes. I mean, there’s some things I don’t like about myself, but on the whole, I’m comfortable with them. And if I’m comfortable, why shouldn’t anyone else be?
18) What’s a sound you hate; sound you love?
I hate a lot of sounds. There’s this beautiful white bird outside my window that makes the most annoying, cacophonies ever. I hate the sound of my Mum’s ringtone. It’s jarring. She’s set it so she can hear it in that universe of a purse. Okay, I’m exaggerating. Maybe it’s the amount of calls she gets. It isn’t that loud. Someone in Melbourne didn’t hear it ring.
I love the sound of a piano, an acoustic guitar and a violin. Instrumentals on these sound sublime. I love the sound of Bono’s voice.
19) What’s your biggest “what if”?
What if I was not afraid of sharing my work with anyone?
20) Do you believe in ghosts? How about aliens?
I don’t know if I believe in ghosts, but I definitely don’t NOT believe in them. Aliens too.
21) Stick your right arm out; what do you touch first? Do the same with your left arm.
Right arm: Empty space, air.
Left arm: A chair
(That rhymes :O)
22) Smell the air. What do you smell?
Mushroom Tonak! (Like a mushroom curry)
23) What’s the worst place you have ever been to?
Micromax Service Centre, Dadar, off the top of my head.
24) Most attractive singer/s of your opposite gender?
Bono, because of his sexy, sexy voice.
25) To you, what is the meaning of life?
I think life is about finding yourself. Finding out what makes you happy and just contributing to the happiness of others.
26) Do you drive? If so, have you ever crashed?
I don’t drive yet! When I do, if I ever crash, and I survive, I’ll let you know.
27) What was the last movie you saw?
The Fast and The Furious 6
28) What’s the worst injury you’ve ever had?
I’m extremely fortunate to not have had any serious injuries to date. That’s surprising for a klutz like me. But I have minor bumps and bruises all the time.
29) Do you have any obsessions right now?
I am currently obsessed with Dan Brown. All over again.
Otherwise, I am obsessed with books and writing and good music.
30) Ever had a rumor spread about you?
Yes, there was a rumour about me dating someone I wasn’t dating.
31) Do you tend to hold grudges against people who have done you wrong?
I hate to say it, but yes. I mean, suddenly everything they do just annoys me no end. As much as I try to see the good in them, the way they hurt me always paints them in a negative light. This just happens initially. After a while, I move on. I’ve managed to stay friends with a lot of people after a bit of friction and am almost successful in never bringing the “fight” up. I forgive. I don’t forget.
32) What is your astrological sign?
33) What’s the last thing you purchased?
A set of gel pens- two black, two blue and a red one.
34) Love or lust?
35) In a relationship?
37) What is your secret weapon to get someone to like you?
I don’t show them my writing.
38) Where is your best friend?
39) What were you doing last night at 12 AM?
I was asleep. Yes, no life.
40) Are you the kind of friend you would want to have as a friend?
I think I’m a good listener. I give good advice (I wish I could follow it myself). I love making special, personalised gifts for all my friends, I love to have long text message conversations.
But I’m also very private, I’m my own person and I like my space. It’s not easy for me to share stuff with a lot of people. I am easily pleased and easily heartbroken, but I don’t show it. I rarely tell people how I feel, and that kind of pushes them away.
41) You are walking down the street on your way to work. There is a dog drowning in the canal on the side of the street. Your boss has told you if you are late one more time you get fired. What do you do?
I hate to say it, but I would honestly rush to work.
42) You are at the doctor’s office and she has just informed you that you have approximately one month to live. a) Do you tell anyone/everyone you are going to die? b) What do you do with your remaining days? c) Would you be afraid?
a) I don’t think I would tell anyone, at least not initially. It’s not easy for me to open up and share stuff close to my heart. I know people say they would give anything to have fair warning before the death of a loved one, to spend time with them. But, if I were dying, I would want people to spend time with me, not because they were obliged to, but because they wanted to.
b) I would write as much as I can. A lot. Day in and day out. I would draw, be productive. I would also spend quality time with all my loved ones.
c) I would definitely be afraid.
43) What’s a song that always makes you happy when you hear it?
Here Comes The Sun- The Beatles. It just makes everything okay.
44) In your opinion, what makes a great relationship?
Trust. You should be able to have enough faith in your partner and give them their space.
You should be able to be yourself with your partner, however weird you think you are. They should be comfortable with all your eccentricities and you with theirs. If you’re always hiding something from them, or are not comfortable with them seeing certain shades of you, that doesn’t sound like a very happy relationship.
Partners must bring out the best in each other.
45) How can I win your heart?
Turn on your sense of humour, have a side smile, get me to open up, have dimples, make me smile and preferably know how to cook.
46) Can insanity bring on more creativity?
47) What is the single best decision you have made in your life so far?
The decision to be happy with all my decisions.
48) What would you want to be written on your tombstone?
The link to my blog, maybe?
49) Give me the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the word “heart.”
LUBB and DUP
50) Basic question; what’s your favorite color/colors?
I love all colours except orange and brown.
51) What is your current desktop picture?
It’s a picture of a beach.
52) If you could press a button and make anyone in the world instantaneously explode, who would it be?
That would be my ego.
53) What would be a question you’d be afraid to tell the truth on?
Would your life be better if XYZ didn’t exist?
54) You accidentally eat some radioactive vegetables. They were good, and what’s even cooler is that they endow you with the super-power of your choice! What is that power?
Invisibility. I’m that kind of a person.
55) You can re-live any point of time in your life. The time-span can only be a half-hour, though. What half-hour of your past would you like to experience again?
Swimming in the sea in Goa. Infinite.
56) You can erase any horrible experience from your past. What will it be?
Losing a friend.
57) You have the opportunity to sleep with the music-celebrity of your choice. Who would it be?
I love Bono’s voice, but have you seen the way Marcus Mumford strums that guitar? Love.
58) You just got a free plane ticket to anywhere. You have to depart right now. Where are you gonna go?
59) Ever been on a plane?
Heaps of times.
P.S. Bet you didn’t see the missing 36! 😛 If you did, you’re jobless. Or you just cheated by reading this first, in which case, it doesn’t count.